Help With A Federal Agency

Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate the maze of the federal government. My office can act as a liaison between you and a federal agency.  Some federal agencies you may be familiar with are the Social Security Administration (SSA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Veterans Administration (VA).

The role of my office when assisting constituents with federal agencies is to make inquiries on your behalf with the respective agencies regarding your situation. This includes: finding out the status of a case, requesting additional information, and requesting an expedited response or decision.

It is important to note that my office does not have any decision making authority, and the respective agencies have complete discretion concerning decisions on individual cases.

At the bottom of the page is a link to the privacy release form. Please fill out the form and mail the form and any additional information about the case to the Jefferson City office:

2117 Missouri Boulevard
Jefferson City, Mo. 65109

 How to obtain assistance from my office:

1. Determine if you reside in Missouri's 3rd Congressional District

Congressional courtesy, ethics rules and propriety dictate that each Member of Congress has the honor and responsibility to serve his or her own constituents.

If you aren't sure which Congressional district you live in, please visit the House of Representatives homepage, enter your nine digit zip code to determine who your representative is.

If you do not know the last four digits of your zip code, please visit the Postal Service ZIP Code Lookup page to find out.

2. Determine if your issue is under the jurisdiction of a federal agency

My office can act as a liaison between you and a federal agency

If you do not see the agency that you are dealing with listed, or you are uncertain, please call 202-225-2956 or 573-635-7232 and a member of my staff will be pleased to assist with your question.

If your particular issue does not fall under the jurisdiction of a federal agency, my staff will try to direct you to the appropriate non-federal agency, resources or services that may be helpful.

Federal Agency Privacy Release Form